I can't think about anything other than powder......


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Baden
February 22nd 2006
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Si Riding PipeSi Riding PipeSi Riding Pipe

This pipe was just over the fench from a cat track proving that you don't have to look far to find cool stuff to ride.
Well, we approach the end of Feburary and I start to wonder where the hell the season has gone! Next week will see March and if I’m to go to Sri Lanka, it means the end is just around the corner. The good news, however, is there is still loads more powder on the way, and loads of lines we havn’t ridden yet. I honestly believe that if you had perfect conditions every day of the season, you could ride a different valley, shoot, ridge, gully every day and still not see the whole area, it really is that big!

Anyway, what have we been up too…… Well Anna has been here for two weeks and it is ridiculous how much she has improved over that time. Even on the first day with better quality boots, bindings and board the improvement was dramatic, then with a few pointers from yours truly within two weeks she was carving beautifully down even the steepest piste, riding tight cat tracks and on the last day she took her first steps into the world of freeriding leaving three lines down an awsome powder face, which can be seen in the photo taken from the
Anna ViewAnna ViewAnna View

Reflection of a rider, wishing there was time to lay down a few more lines....
chair lift.

We've been finding all sorts of new terrain from gullys full to bursting with deep fresh powder to the cool pipe ride, seen in the photo, just over the fence from a cat track, and waiting to be ridden! Plus a demo from the ski instructors at the local Monster Pipe, a visit to the spar and loads of just general chilling. A perfect holiday.

and whats next...... well avalanch conditions are good at the moment, the snow pack is settled and the tempreature is low and staying there so were gonna be riding a few lines we spotted a month or so ago but have been waiting for the right conditions, then on Friday 7 friends are coming out for a week. Enought to keep us busy!!!!

Hope your all good

Love Si x



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Anna Checking linesAnna Checking lines
Anna Checking lines

Admiring your lines is an awsome part of freeriding, here Anna admires her work on the first powder face she rode. Good job, be proud!
Nick going bigNick going big
Nick going big

As i've said before, we can't claim photos we don't land, Nick diddn't land this one however he did land the same hit about and hour before this was taken so with a footnote i'm happy to publish it. It was very big.
Reflection in GogglesReflection in Goggles
Reflection in Goggles

If you look really closely, you can see Anna in the reflection!
Inflatable bedInflatable bed
Inflatable bed

The beauty of living on a hill is that on a day off, you can always find somthing to do. Here we are riding an inflatable mattress down the hill, we even rode it off a kicker...... soooooooo much fun!


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb