Spins, skills and spils


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Baden
February 3rd 2006
Published: February 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

RomeRomeRome

Board in the snow, 'nuff said.
So where are we, oh yeah, 2nd Febuary, almost halfway into the season! And not a hint of mid-season blues in sight, in fact quite the opposite, things are going well…. Mostly.

After my quick trip home to England I was straight back on the slopes and ready to start working on spinning tricks. Once again we haven’t had snow for about two weeks and the windy warm weather creates sticky snow in the trees and a crusty wind-chop-hoar on most of the open areas, there are still areas of nice snow but fairly well tracked out unless we venture far off the beaten track.

Hence I’ve been spending the last week or so working on 180’s both on and off piste, which are harder than I’d thought they’d be, but I’m starting to land them fairly solidly, hoping to start working on 360’s within the week!

Today and tomorrow we’re having some avalanche training from one of the local guides. Today we did a few runs, one of them absolutely amazing, went through the basic procedures to minimise the risk of avalanche, looked at some of the essential kit, practised multi searching with avalanche transceivers and got buried under a foot of snow to experience a tenth of what being buried might be like, this alone is enough to make me ten times more careful with the lines I’m taking, being buried is very very unpleasant!

Thursday evening we went sledging down a sledge course at one of the mountains, loads of fun but very fast, very bumpy, in the dark, massive potential for disaster…… at least until one of our housemates broke his ankle........ then it became massive disaster!

I’ll try and get some more photos on the next one. o.k. that’s enough from me, hope your all good.

Love si


Advertisement



9th February 2006

Hey....
Hey buddy! Pics look awesome and glad you're both still in one piece (just!). It seems SO long since St Gervais at New Year. I have pics up on my desk and just sit here looking at them and day dreaming! Still hoping to get another week/long weekend out with you both before end of the season. WORK SUCKS! Take it easy, happy riding and be safe. Jx

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb