Powder, Rails and Kicker's


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Baden
January 12th 2006
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Feeling very humbledFeeling very humbledFeeling very humbled

In a moment of reflection, I felt very humbled by the shear size of my surroundings.
Hey all,

Well what a weeks its been, full of learning and adventure. I’ve hit that point this week where everything’s coming together a bit more and I feel like the season is well and truly underway, my riding fakie is coming on, Nick and I are getting a lot more adventurous in our attempts to find powder and we’ve started on the rails and kickers!

Fisrt I should say that their has been no snow since we arrived back in Davos, however the area is big enough to still have fresh powder even after a few weeks of no snow, it just means its harder to find. On the advise of our instructor housemates we brought and learnt how to use avalanche transceivers. But don’t worry, its like asking “do you know CRP?” I bet most of us will say “yes!”, why, we’re not doctors? because we might save someone’s life one day! It’s a similar sort of precaution thing for us.

Anyway we’ve been searching for some powder, as you can see in the photos, and we found some wonderful runs. Then yesterday and today we built a small fun park literally on our doorstep (you
Hiking to some powderHiking to some powderHiking to some powder

Two weeks without snow means powder is harder to find, hence the hike is as much a part of the satisfaction as the riding.
have to walk thought it to get anywhere. Yesterday was the initial building and today we did some more work and started riding. I had half a dozen attempts at riding a rail, of which I landed about half, then we had a go at jumping off a kicker, see the photos, Nick probably landed more than I did cleanly but we had a lot of fun and for a first days attempt we were very happy.

No snow planned for another few days so more park riding tomorrow!

Take it easy and have fun.

Love si x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Nick riding a shootNick riding a shoot
Nick riding a shoot

Nick riding a shoot nearing the end of an awsome off-piste run.
Nick doing what we all do somtimesNick doing what we all do somtimes
Nick doing what we all do somtimes

If you look closely, Nick is mid fall as he gets throuwn off balance by an lip. Yep, its all part of the fun!
Building a park at homeBuilding a park at home
Building a park at home

Dom and I setting up the rail, our park contains a rail, two kickers and a quarter pipe.... and all on our doorstep.
My first day off kickersMy first day off kickers
My first day off kickers

So we built the fun park one day, the next day we rode it. This is about my 5 attempt ever of a kicker, I was quite pleased with it.
Nicks first day on the kickersNicks first day on the kickers
Nicks first day on the kickers

And this is Nick's first day on the kickers.


12th January 2006

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you both! Looks like you're having a great one. Very impressed with your jumping and head injury, made Rob feel very faint! xx
13th January 2006

hey sporty boys...
wow,great pictures! could become jealous...have fun,take care and a big hug from berlin.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 63; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb