Hello From Sweden


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

Lets take a moment of silence for the death of the Ottawa Senators in this years playoffs once again......
Damn you Hasek, Damn you to hell!!!

On to happier news, we have arrived in Göteborg Sweden safe and sound last night after spending 10 hours on the train.

We left Bergen early on Friday morning and headed to the village of Flåm Norway which was unbeliably beautiful. It is right at the mouth of the Sogenfjord with snow capped mountains all around. We took the Flåm railway down into the valley and it was quite a trip. We passed some amazing waterfalls and steep cliffs that were phenominal. We had a good laugh when a Chinese tourist and her daughter got off the train to take photos of a valley. We weren't supposed to get off so the train started to pull away not knowing they were still there. The daughter got back on but the poor mom ended up running alongside the train screaming "Stop, Stop!!". Eventually someone pulled the emergency brake but not before Mike snapped a picture of the event. We were also sharing the train with a bunch of rich, southern Americans which made for a interesting time.

We camped one night in Flåm (and froze our asses off) and then we caught three different trains which brought us to Sweden.

We arrived here at 9:00pm only to find that all the hostels and hotels were booked. We scrambled around to find phone numbers of hotels outside of downtown and once we figured out how to use the phones here, we were able to find a bed and breakfast with one room left. We cabbed it there just before they closed and nabbed our comfy room. I spent the night cleaning our underwear and socks in the bathroom sink and enjoyed my first shower in days.

So now we are off to explore Göteborg for the day. Tomorrow, we leave for Stockholm but this time we booked our hostel in advance.

Thanks for all the comments, we love hearing from you guys. Can someone please let us know how the dogs are doing? We miss them sooooo much!!!!

Love you all, see you in two weeks 😉

Advertisement



14th May 2006

the girls
I hear the girls are fine. Still shedding everywhere Adam notes. The caregiver rotation is working . Elaine called here on Thursday and Adam took over Friday night. Adam tells me he walked the dogs 4 times on Saturday. Today, Sunday, he's off to a double shift at the Raceway. He'll walk them first and we are supposed to collect the key from him at 10 on the way to our Mother's Day brunch. We'll then walk the dogs in the afternoon. We'll give a toast at the brunch to the happy wanderers! Stay safe. xxoo Pat/Mom
14th May 2006

hallå där! vem är ni? (Hello how are you)
I already know the answer to that question! Sounds like a blast - I am so JEALOUS! p.s. there are ways to stay warm guys... come on! Nick

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb