Day 1 of our trip...


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Västra Götaland County » Gothenburg
September 1st 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, here starts our first real travel news.
As per usual, nothing ever goes right on our trips. If it is not a natural disaster, it is man made disaster. Today, it's man made!
All was going well, Lars droped us off at the airport in plent time to get stuff sorted out. When we looked at the board the first thin we see is "Flight to Frankfurt is canceled". Great start. But, look again, it is the earl flight, we were on the next one!
Anyway, we are told, no worries, all is ok, our flight is good to go! So we wait in the departure loung and see our plane come in. All is good, we are good to go! NOT!
We we wait a while then we are told that the engine is leaking fule and we may have to wait a while. So we wait, then we told all flight is canceled and report to ticket desk and collect your bags.
Now me´(Chris), being the brains in this opperation, thought quick on my feet. Linda was given strict orders, fetch the bags and meet me at the ticket desk. Yip, what a smart guy I am. I was first in line, while all the other passengers were still wondering what was going on. We got our new tickets for the next day and a hotel up the road. As I sit here typing this, people are only now walking in to the hotel, they have been waiting in the ticket que for the last 2 hours..... unlucky!
Oh well, that's it for now. Will keep you posted when we eventually get to Bangkok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb