Gothenburg


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Västra Götaland County » Gothenburg
August 2nd 2007
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For some reason our train to Gothenburg terminated one station before the main terminal which meant we all had to transfer into buses for the last 15 minutes into the town centre.

Once in Gothenberg we walked to what we thought was going to be a hotel but turned out to be a hotel on a boat! It looked a bit strange from the outside, but didn't really seem any different on the inside.

We only had the one night in Gothenburg so we didn't really have that much time to look around. However Ross was impressed that there appeared to be four different types of trams in service on the network within the city all in a blue and white livery. We walked up and down the main street where we had dinner at one of the many outdoor cafes. Smoking did not seem to be permitted even in outdoor dining areas in Sweden so we were pretty happy.

We also had a short walk around the harbour area and watched the main bridge over the harbour lift to allow a ship to pass underneath before we were off to board our train to Oslo the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb