En route to Germany


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County » Malmö
July 26th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our night train to Berlin leaves out of Malmö tonight so we spent most of the day just wandering around the city. The train ride in is great because there is an 8 kilometer bridge over the sea, whicever one it is, and it only takes about half an hour from Copenhagen central station. We wandered into a cool church, I still can´t get over how smaller towns like this have humungous super old churches, and walked around a 15th century castle because the museum is open only 4 hours.

We ate dinner at a resturang that only had Swedish menus so we guessed at pizzas and I got capers, red peppers, shrimp, and mushrooms. Which was alright but something didn´t sit well. Mom, can you have a batch of cookies out of the oven around 6 on the 2nd. That would be really awesome. Me and Jack had one of our many food conversations the other day. The 1,000,000th of the trip. I really want some good fruit and vegetables, I feel like if i travelled in Europe for more than a few months I would die of scurvy just because the produce is pretty atrocious. We had some good cole slaw tonight which got us talking about salads. Big ol´ceasar salads with chicken and sunflower seeds and all sorts of other goodies. Our bodies freaked out last night when me made pasta with meat sauce, first time either of us had had red meat in like 5 weeks. So enough of this food diatribe, I will update from Deutschland.
Mack

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb