Canada-Slovakia


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County » Malmö
December 30th 2013
Published: December 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We all slept in a bit today, not heading out until about noon to make our way to the Malmo Isstadion by bus to see the Canada-Slovakia game.

The rink was FULL of Canadian red of course so it was really exciting even before anything started. And when the puck dropped, the refs were almost immediately calling penalties against Canada and believing all of the Slovakia dives and not calling any of their penalties against us.

The Slovaks scored 3 goals, all on power plays, two of them 5 on 3. The crowd was going WIIIIIIILD screaming and booing the refs.

By the end of the second period Canada was down 3-2 and the third period seemed to start out with the refs being a little more even. But then McDavid scored our third goal to tie and the ref waved it off! The crowd went wild again and then Drouin scored almost immediately to tie the game. A little later Petan scored the go ahead goal and then an empty netter to seal the game.

About 40 Canadians gathered at the bus stop and cars going by were all honking at us. We PACKED all into one bus like sardines for the ride home.

We were all starved when we finally got home around 9pm so Chris cooked up spaghetti and meat balls for a bedtime supper meal for us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb