Vimmerby


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Kalmar County
May 30th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Two days ago, having a really bad weather, we decided to go visit Vimmerby. Any fan of famous swedish writer Astrid Lingrens should visit her park. The park was a "swedish style", (oposite to american) not too fancy or big, but Ania, being a third generation reading Pippi, Emil and Lotta had a lot of fun. There are minatures of the houses and villages from the books, and there were several shows (in swedish) with kids favorites characters (for me it will be always Emil). Dispite swedish language we had a lot of fun watching the shows and they sang a lot of songs also. It was fan for me to watch Ania discover a lot of places, where her favorite characters had their adventures or got in trouble.
As I mention weather gave us all kind of surprises, first it was sunny, then it started to rain, and then it started to hail (in the middle of the show, nobody seemed to notice), at the end it was sunny again, but cold and windy.
Sorry, pictures will show up as soon as will reach a decent computer connection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Pippi town Pippi town
Pippi town

Inside Pippi is buying 17 kilo of candys for all the kids in village


Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb