Flying and fishing in Slovakia


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Zilina Region » Martin
August 29th 2007
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The last weekend i joined some friends on a trip to Slovakia. We would fly to Prievidza and on to Martin to go fishing.

The weather has been just great the last couple of weekends. It's a lot of fun flying a Cessna. Our GPS conked the moment we took off so we wer back to the good ol' maps for navigation. A lot more fun!

After roughly a two hour flight we touched down at Prievidza for a lovely lunch at the airfield. the Bojnice castle in the backdrop and the perfect weather were the perfect setting. Not to mention the good Czech beer! 😊 and a lovely meal.

After lunch we head onwards to Martin. After some sightseeing and pub hopping in Martin we had a lovely barbeque. What a party! haha! Dunno when it ended.

The next morning everyone was in a daze and pretty hung over. I think we managed to assemble by noon for some fishing. It was fun watching some of these experienced 'fishermen' hook in quite a few trout. I tried my luck but couldn't even manage a single.

We made it back to Prague in just over 2 hours. An hour later would make the trip a lot more eventful im guessing considering the huge storm that followed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb