Suchá Belá


Advertisement
Published: October 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Suchá Belá hike

I'm not 100% sure how accurate these maps are!

Me & Jamie on a walkwayMe & Jamie on a walkwayMe & Jamie on a walkway

Photo by Andrej Pizem
Slept much better and woke with eyes still slightly swollen but not painful and with only light rain. After breakfast we headed back into the Slovak Paradise National Parkto hike along the Suchá Belá Gorge, one of the longest and most popular canyons in the park. The previous rain meant the stream was in full flow so we had to trek through water, climb over fallen trees and ascend ladders - the path even went through a window-like hole in the rock.

Emerging from the canyon we ate our sandwiches before continuing along the top to the symbolic cemetery above Kláštorisko. Here the group divided with some heading off on a longer, more adventurous route down with Jan (which admittdly sound like more fun!) whilst Jamie and I took the shorter, gentler route with Andy that included the promise of tea & excellent strudel at the end! The heavens opened on us on the way down & both groups got drenched, although Team Strudel had plenty of time to dry off at Ranč Podlesok over tea/coffee/chocolate & strudel/honey cake!

After being joined by the others we headed over to relax at the thermal pools. These had a great system where you put money on a wristband & used that to buy drinks by the pools! We mostly hung out in the hotter pool, the heat relaxing tired muscles, then thoroughly relaxed returned to the hotel for supper and a good nights sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

A tight squeezeA tight squeeze
A tight squeeze

Photo by Andrej Pizem
Through the windowThrough the window
Through the window

Photo by Danny Guild


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb