So Much Too Tell


Advertisement
Europe » Russia
September 10th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Okay, I know it has been awhile, but I really have not had much to update you with so decided not to waste your time, but after this weekend, I have a bunch of stuff to tell. I could not decide what to name the title for this one because I had so many things to tell so I just called it what it was, "so much too tell." I think most of you know this was the weekend I was invited to the US Embassy ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Garden RingGarden Ring
Garden Ring

This is one of the major five rings around Moscow, called the Garden Ring.
Petro StationPetro Station
Petro Station

I can not figure it out, but there are these small petro (gas) stations about every 2-5 km along the highway once you leave Moscow.
Petro Station1Petro Station1
Petro Station1

I can not figure it out, but there are these small petro (gas) stations about every 2-5 km along the highway once you leave Moscow.
SuperheroSuperhero
Superhero

I think this represents the first person in space.
PentagonPentagon
Pentagon

Russian's version of their Pentagon.
Park PlacePark Place
Park Place

This is where my boss lives. It is called Park Place and it is on the SW side of Moscow.
CasinoCasino
Casino

One of the many casinos in Russia/Moscow.
Music SchoolMusic School
Music School

If I remember this correctly, this is one of their music schools.



10th September 2006

I don't know how you do it, I would've been absolutely petrified if I had gotten lost in a foreign country. As interesting as the buildings there look to be they still have an ominous look to them. It may be the grey skies and clouds above them but the gloom and doom effect is definitely there from this side of the pictures. I'm glad you found the Embassy comforting, at least you have somewhere to go should you ever feel you need it, even though I'm sure you won't. It's a good thing to make friends with other American Buckeye fans there though, at least you have someone to root your team on with and speak English with. Take care and keep writing, nothing is boring! You are missed.
11th September 2006

Cold Looking Place
The grey skies and clouds only add to what is a very "cold" and solitude country (or least what I have seen so far). Even on the sunny days, which believe it or not, we had one today, it still looks cold and jurie (sp?). The people do not like to talk about their past, but most still only know it and still live by it. You can tell newer buildings in that they have a little design and color to them, but still very militaristic looking.
11th September 2006

loved info
You really got to know Moscow in a real way. Doesn't sound like a place your dad would like to go. The way he likes shopping Ha think I could like if I could keep up with all. The pictures are beautiful. We in Mendon are all learning about Russia, when I get one of these blogs I go tell about it. People are even asking if I have heard any info from you. take care
11th September 2006

No, Dad Wouldn't Like It
I can assure you Dad would not like this type market. You can not talk so it is a lot of pointing and writing down numbers, while you get run over by the vendor carts if you are lucky enough not to get run over by one of the cargo carts. I am being told there are gifts there as well, but I never found them. I will go shopping on Arbat Street and pay some higher prices, but I can get everything I want for people there. I also hope your sweat shirt lasts longer than my tee shirt did. After the first wash, it faded and now on the second one, you can not even read the words "Obninsk" on the front.

Tot: 0.401s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb