B2 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia
October 10th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What role do women play in this society? Do they have equality? If not, what discrimination do women in this country face?

In the this article that I have read, http://www.russian-women.net/russian-family-portrait.shtml, is about what role Russian woman play in families in this society today and tells what Russian families are like. Women in Russia have more college degrees/ university degrees than men in Russia. In this time period, the rate of women thinking about raising a family is decreasing and they want to concentrate into one thing, which is to get education to live in society. They have equality when being a family because what I believe after reading this is that the man and wife need to treat each other equal in order to avoid getting divorces because some husbands would cause violence to their wives. For women, they are supposed to traditionally value for sacrificing things for family, but none of women did that.

The article basically talks about how modern women are losing their goals as being a care taker for the family and what has happened between women and their husbands. In Russia, laws about husbands causing violence to women never existed. However in the United States, there are laws that includes husbands doing violence wives. There are penalties/consequences for causing abuse and you could report to police about these situations. In Russia, many responsibilities go to mothers about taking care of the family, but in United States usually the father takes care most of the things because he would have to work hard, pay the bills, pay taxes, provide food, or providing care for you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb