Did You Know?


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Irkutsk
March 30th 2022
Published: March 30th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Little known, at least to me: Equatorial Guinea is the only Spanish speaking country in Africa. Sao Tome and Principe (two island country) is Africa's second smallest country. Nauru is the world's smallest island nation. The Vatican and Monaca are smaller. Moldova is one of Europe's least visited countries. It has only existed since 1991. Tuvalu and Montserrat are still part of the Commonwealth. The newest country in the world is South Sudan. Canada has the longest coastline in the world. Greece has the longest coastline in Europe. Russia has 11 time zones. Russia is the country to have most consecutive number of time zones. Russian time zones are UTC-2, UTC-3, UTC-4, UTC-5, UTC-6, UTC-7, UTC-8, UTC-9, UTC-10, UTC-11 and UTC-12. (And I went through each one in 2014) The highest point in Japan is Mount Fuji, at 3776 meters. Most of Ukraine is flat, except for the west (the Carpathians) and south of the Crimean Peninsula. Alaska has nineteen peaks higher than 14,000 feet tall. Latex condoms were invented by a Pole (now that is hilarious!!!!). Istanbul, Turkey spans two continents, Asia and Europe. The Pacific Ocean was named by Ferdinand Magellan. Nearly 30% of Tanzania is national parks. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest eco-system in the world. Almost 60% of the Amazon Rainforest is in Brazil. Mongolia is the world's least populated country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb