Moscow - Cloudy Day


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
August 12th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was a cloudy day in Moscow and lovely for walking around the sites. Andrew (an English lad that we met in St Pete's), Dad, and I went to a cemetery and convent. The cemetary was very interesting. The head sotnes had either pictures or carvings of the person burried underneath. It was a great way to remember the person. Krushchev, Gorbachev's wife, and many other Great Patriotic War (WWII) hereos were burried in the cemetary.

Next door was a small fortress around two churches and a convent. The walls and buildings were being restored and it was interesting to see the differences. The small church was lovely. There were even signs in English so we actually knew what we were looking at.

Later in the day we all went to a market where they sell Russian trinkets, clothes, shoes, and much more. It was very organized and people didn't hassel me too much. It was vastly different from similar markets in China.

I bought a PSU wooden Russia doll that you open and then there is another and another and another. Funy thing is that one of the doll's name is Mills and I went to school with him. Ha!

Dinner was very good. I ate chicken skewers and bread. I didn't sleep well last night, so tonight brings washing and rest.

noka (bye)

Advertisement



12th August 2006

Hi!
Enjoy reading of your travels each day! It is wonderful you are sharing this time with your dad. I told my dad of you trip and he like your dad's dinner with the police. Can't wait to see pictures. Let your dad know the Dybala's say hello. Take care. Donna

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb