This is more like the Russia I expected


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
March 29th 2009
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Righto.....back to enjoying the trip.

Took the overnight train from St Petersburg to Moscow. Just as we were about to leave 3 Russian army fellas started walking down the aisle......whats going on here then......they were the new bunk mates. Funny bastards.....between us we had about 20 words we all understood.

One worked for the space agency (thought he was more superior) and the other 2 for the "rocket bit"......"yes but our rockets also go to space.......then land in America"......was their reasoning why their jobs were better.

Well a couple of bottles of vodka later we were all best mates.

All photos in this entry, unless indicated, are from Red Square outside the Kremlin or inside the Kremlin.....just saves me wording it all out......people waiting to use this puter. Check out the one of their metro station, impressive.

Jump on the Trans-Siberian train to Yeketerinberg tomorrow......am at least heading south-ish now.

Rock On,
Shane,
Space Adventurer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Big GunBig Gun
Big Gun

Inside the Kremlin
Train to MoscowTrain to Moscow
Train to Moscow

The drunk Russian Army blokes
Train to MoscowTrain to Moscow
Train to Moscow

new mates....
Red SqRed Sq
Red Sq

This is a shopping centre just on Red Sq.


29th March 2009

Vodka....
Glad to see you met some burly Russians and the vodka was flying! Quality pics in Red Square! Sounds like a b*gger of a journey now? Boro looking like relegation material.......
31st March 2009

train
Couldnt tell which one was you, all you russians look the same to me .
31st March 2009

Well Smigs
They were Russian......I was just in a hurry, boom boom..........that old chestnut
7th April 2009

fly!!!
I thought u werent gunna fly, u looked pretty high in that cabin with the ruskies!!!

Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb