Vodka cures all


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
May 5th 2008
Published: May 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So I survived the awful train rıde back from St. Petersburg where I was squished between 2 fat Russian ladies all night who kept elbowing me. I hardly slept a wink-- it was brutal..and worst of all...the one smelled like a hundred cats peed on her. It was disgustıng and she seemed to be drunk. I noticed the vodka bottle in the morning and she was kept getting this young guy to fill up her tea cup. She just wouldnt shut up. The lights were off and it was like 3 am and she just kept chatting and 2 young people (who probably didnt want to be rude) would respond. I just wanted her to shut up. Finallly at 5:45am I couldnt stand the smell anymore and went and sat on a tiny fold down chair in the corridor because İ couldnt handle the smell any longer. AHH!

Russians love their vodka...

When the Iranian kıng presented Peter the Great with an elephant he loved it so much that he decided to order more and built a circus to house them. The St.Petersburg climate doesnt suit elephants well and they grew depressed. SOLUTION: Vodka makes us warm and happy-- It ıs sure to help the elephants too. They soon had dead elephants.

Peter the Great had a strange taste and opened the first museum ın St. Petersburg and put im monstrosities such as 2 headed babies. Lıfe was hard enough for these people and they didnt want to see these things and no one went. Peter decided he would bribe them with the delicacy of coffee and pasteries and still no one came. Finally he got ıt right and offer free vodka and pickles and the masses showed.

Whenever people at the hostel had upset stomachs headaches colds etc. The suggestion from the locals? Go get some vodka.

It is necessary for long train journeys and life in general in Russia. Heres to the good ol VODKA!

P.S It is my last day in Russia! Off to Turkey. Just chilling and strollıng up old Arbat...not going too far as my feet have blisters on the soles from all the walking lately!

Advertisement



7th May 2008

VODKA
Have blisters? Get som vodka! haha couldn't resist.

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb