Eye Exam


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
April 5th 2008
Published: April 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

GlassesGlassesGlasses

This is not photo but wanted to add it to the story. Photo was obtained from http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=slv8-msgr&va=glasses&sz=all
For about a month now, my eyes have been bothering me. I am getting a lot more build up in my right eye all day long and particularly in the mornings as well as cloudiness in my right eye and headaches in the evenings. I was trying to wait until I came home, but it is really starting to bother me so I decided to see a doctor. I asked around and everyone said there were some in Obninsk but could not recommend any and all of them had real old equipment. So I kept looking and finally found one in Moscow that spoke English so I made an appointment last Thursday and went.

If this tells you anything, the first question she asked me, "May I see your glasses?" (Remember, I do not wear glasses nor did I even have sun glasses on so where did she get I had glasses????) Also, I am not sure I would say she speaks English, yes, she could speak some, but she could not speak English. I am not complaining too much on this note because I am in Russia and her English was much better than my Russian.

So next she asks me to look into this machine and focus on the object and then she goes to her computer. After a few minutes she tells me my vision is fine. I explain to her the headaches, cloudiness, and build-up so she hands me a reading card with the different size letters and asked me if I could read any of the paragraphs. I tell her no. She asked, "Not even the first line ". I say, "No, I can not read Russian ". She quickly looks around for something in English and hands it to me. This is not a card with different size fonts written in English, it is just a piece of paper/article in English so I read it. I think I could have made anything up and she not know the difference.

She explains she does not see any problems with my eyes and I am free to go. I can not believe she never once looked in my eyes, never did the "puff" test, never made me cover one eye and read the eye chart and/or the card, etc. The good news, it only cost me 150 rubles, which is about $5 and my time. I could go to the European Medical Clinic, I see they have an eye/vision specialist unit there, but it is only a few weeks away and I will be home so I think I will just wait until I get home.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.564s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb