Moscow to the max


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
September 6th 2005
Published: September 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's been 10 days since i left home in gothenburg. Three rough days i had in Moscow. First day my friend anton came and picked up me and my travelmate rikard at the airport. The traffic was in a terrible jam all night. it was the celebration of moscow's 858th birthday! They had arranged a lightshow that evening and there must have been several millions wanting to go there. Police and military everywhere and all the tickets sold out. We managed to climp one fence and get trough some police lines. We didn't see alot, but some. and it was bombastic. Moscow was showing off the big guns of entertainment. flashing lights in different colours and paterns on the frightening architechtural vulgarity of the university main building, a type of gothic architechture resonating the stalinist era. Next day we passed the great sites: red square, kremlin etc. it was beutiful but a little harmless. after long time strolling trying to avoid the crazy car traffic we went back to our hotel, the Izmaylovsky for a drink that became deeper than we had first expected....to make a long story short....well the alcohol aready made that less of a problem....anyway we met my buddy anton again in the evening at an english pub. warm in our hearts and filled with the spirits od life we then said goodbye to anton to take the metro home. then we meet a hospital russian on the way...unexpectedly we joined up for another drink of wodka. The day after did enough to me i can tell you! The last day in moscow we went for a look at some avantgarde and modern russian art. It was truly amazing, the futurist art is so overfull of energy and deep imagination. In the evning we came along to take the transsiberian train heading for bejing. We made good friends with many people, especially our cabin mates eva, a polish girl and a mongolian actress called Sandra. We were although a little sadly surprised to find so maaaannnnyyy of of our landsmen, the swedish allover the train!! More about the transsiberian i will have to come back to another day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb