Moscow


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
July 25th 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at Moscow 8pm, and the Russian language challenges began. We managed to jump onto the correct train. Wow what decor! The train seemed really wide and had a long running carpet down the centre asile. First taste of Russia. Off the train and onto the Underground. No maps to be given, only inside the tube train, not much help! All in Russian, not English equivalent. Very confusing!Eventually asked a lady who pointed us into the right direction! Arrived at Godzilla Hostel at 10:30pm.
Lovely room, fresh, new duvet set, slept so well! The rest of the hostel is in a state of refurbishment. The builders are in and the floors are like a building site!! But we don't mind!
We walked around Moscow city today, unfortunately it was raining. We took cover in this amazingshopping centre, you must look at the pics. Very impressive architecture! As we ambled slowly through, we haeded for an exit and it opened straight onto Red Square. Now this is a must to visit. It certainly has the wow factor. There were lots of people milling around taking photos, oh that included us! The buildings are so huge and some colourful too. Vast space is Red Square. We took many photos of St.Basils Cathedral, never seen a building like it!
Oh i must mention the traffic - lots of it, in 5-6 lanes, speeding about. Ladas everywhere, so groovy! I thought Moscow would be a hard place to visit, but it is very interesting. I hadn't a clue what to expect. The Underground is in parts beautiful, marble pillars and built like an estatly home in parts. It's a bit puzzling with all the Russian signs, but there's always the coloured route to follow. As you begin to use the Underground more and more the more logical thinking kicks in!
Yes, we've quite enjoyed Moscow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Godzilla HostelGodzilla Hostel
Godzilla Hostel

It'll be great when the works done!
UndergroundUnderground
Underground

Nothing like the London underground.


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 20; qc: 98; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb