New Years in Russia


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
December 27th 2006
Published: August 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Moscow Russia


28/12 Arrive Moscow with Ben and Rachel very excited no one speaks english which is real cool to see a country thats not really westernised. After 2 trips into moscow to find our hostel the hostel owner finally picks us up and we go to bed around 4 am real tired. Next day up quite late and venture into city centre have a look round and have lunch by pointng to pictures on the menu didnt do to bad tho.
29/12 Get up early and head to red square real beautiful. Take a tour round the kremlin with a guide and learned lots about the history of Russia. Saw St Basils cathedral and learned that the architect had his eyes cut out when he was finished so he couldnt replicate it! harsh!! Found a bar and had a few beers and vodkas which are real cheap and good quality! Met some dutch boys at our hostel and sat up playing cards and having quite a few drinks.
30/12 A bit hung over today had a lazy day ventured into city centre and try and navigate the moscow underground not to bad with everything written in Cyrillic takes a bit of working out.
31/12 Up pretty early have a good brunch and stock up with alcohol for the night. Hang about in the hostel having a couple with the Dutch boys and head down to the sqare about 11pm people everywhere awesome fireworks display had a ball make it back to hostel and bed around 4am.
01/01 Get up for champagne breakfast at the hostel and thats that day!!
02/01 Get organised and fly back to London


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb