Moscow


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
July 18th 2005
Published: July 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

hi everyone.

thanks for all the comments again, great to hear from u.

Well we have made it to moscow after 65 hours on a train through siberia. the train ride has definitely been the highlight of this entire trip so far for us both, it was really amazing, lots of relaxing, reading, playing cards, meeting ppl, eating the the dining cart, drinking lots of russian vodka of course. it was really great. The train stopped in stations everY 5 hours or so for about 20 mins and we'd jump off to buy food from the locals and get some fresh air. We slept a couple of hours each day, hung out the windows or just sat chatting in our compartment letting the hours pass away. We'd do it all over again in a flash except maybe next time in the snow.

6000kms later we got off at the second last stop before Moscow in a town called vladimer and took a bus to a town called Suzdal with was just stunning, a village just full of churches, a couple of shops and bars, it was so peaceful. Apparantly this towns population was 10,000 in the 12th century and was bigger than london and paris.. the population of this town now is just 12,000. it really is like stepping back in time being here. really old cars, lots of ppl on horses, the clothes ppl wore were just mad. We ended up in a mad bar and meeting some really crazy russians .. man they can just drink shots and shots of straight vodka.

we have now arrived in moscow and so far it seems very big and very cool. we are just making a list of the highlights of what we want to see in the next few days.

will try upload some photos tomorrow.

hope u are all well.
lots of love ,
deirdre and gareth

mam, dad .. hope u have booked your flights for tallin. email soon will details. deirdrex



Advertisement



18th July 2005

Trip Out
Amazing stuff. Isn't it great to see the people of a land without the politics. Trish, Amber and Conor say Hi. and have read all the blogs. Keep em comin. Heard any good Russian Rock? The Strokes equivalents singing Moscow City Cops!!!
20th July 2005

What a trip!!
Hey Deirdre, Sounds like you are having an amazing time! I've just got back from Europe so only just caught up on what you guys have been up to! More drinking than sight-seeing (which does not surprise me!). Just starting to get stuck into the wedding arrangements for December. Egypt trip all sorted - just have to pay for it now! As for work, just trying to get back into it ... same shit really. Look forward to hearing more about you trip. Take care and keep in touch! Mason.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb