TERROR...or just a bad trip


Advertisement
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
October 17th 2021
Published: October 17th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Fear is like a gas...a cloud that can linger...weakening if breathed in. Being an anticipation...like a gas it can be blown or simply drift away. I have often experienced fear...but rarely terror. Terror is like a liquid...beyond anticipation...beyond fear...helpless...nothing more I can do here...resigned to my fate. Only when the cause departs does terror slither away. If catastrophe is the... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 96, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

























17th October 2021

Good grief!!!
I never knew that you lived such an adventurous life! How did you get shot in the back?! You are a survivor!
19th October 2021

Good grief!!!
Never a dull moment Bob. Never liked the word "relaxing". Nor do I like reading or engaging with mobile phones while travelling lest I miss something. Yet with our Uber from VKO to DME I could not close my eyes for different reasons! Thanks for checking in.
17th October 2021

The Terror
Sometimes the best thing to do in those situations, whether it be plane turbulence or a lunatic driver, is just to close your eyes and think of it as a ride. Not much else you can do. At least you wouldn't have given the guy the satisfaction. Great story of travel terror, though!
19th October 2021

The Terror
Not a time to close one's eyes Tommy though it may have worked if Denise was not in the back. I have a book titled 'Bad Trips' for bedside reading which prompted me to pen my Terror Tale which is well and truly up there. Glad you enjoyed the ride!
22nd October 2021

The Terror...
Sweet Jaysus, I had to put on a seatbelt just to read this! What the hell...at least the Uber driver helped you with your luggage after that suicidal ride. Aww Dave, it makes for a great blog. That's what my hubby says when things happen to us. It'll make for a good blog. Glad you're safe. And I second Bob, what the F? Got shot in the back, robbed of your passport? I think you need to stay at home lad! :) Always a fan...Your Gal Sal :)
23rd October 2021

The Terror...
You are a master of words Sal...great comment that brought the laugh from within. May not have been fun at the time but great memories do not come from the dull or mundane. Like the taxi ride in Zigong Sthn China with Denise & our kids that did not make my blog...one hand on the wheel, ciggie in his mouth overtaking cars on blind bends on a wet greasy dirt road. We survived that one too!!!
30th October 2021

Not writing a story of my own
I was about to write down the story of a nightmare ride I had in a bus in Tunisia many years ago. But once I reas your story I decided not to. Even though I thought I was going to die that night in Tunisia, I have to admit your ride must have been a lot worse. Yikes! /Ake
7th November 2021

Not writing a story of my own
Only yesterday I was reminded of a time I was climbing a volcanic extrusion called the Butterknife adjacent to the Breadknife in the Warrumbungles in NSW, when I suddenly went from the leeward to the windward and froze for fear of being blown off. Denise had to talk me down. That forgotten event was much more terrifying than the one I've just told. Please write your 'Terror in Tunisia' Ake, so it awakens the memory, lest it be forgotten if not told.
5th November 2021

Trippin'.... around the world
Dancing One you do seem to have trouble following you from one adventure to the next. I was tense the entire time I was reading. You do write with passion and intensity. Thank you for the word pictures! Travel memories..... and great stories.
7th November 2021

Trippin'.... around the world
I found it interesting MJ that my bedside reading of "Bad Trips" described them as the most terrifying to the most uncomfortable...and even the most boring. You know Denise and I...we don't do boring!!! Thank you as you were the one that approached me in my Travelblog early days when blogging Mali to write stories to go with my photos. This blog is the result of your encouragement across the ether...pictures in words can be as vibrant as the most vivid photographs. And for this Terror story I posted some of my favourite portraits. If it wasn't for Travelblog and its colourful characters, like you guys,,,I wouldn't have the opportunity to do that. Thanks for your kind words...much appreciated.
7th November 2021

On 'Terror in Tunisia'
Actually, I have scanned the photos from Tunisia and plan to write blogs about that trip. If things go as planned these will be written within a few months. I will probably include the two scary stories, because the 'Terror in Tunisia' story is only one of two events that could have ended badly on that trip. /Ake
7th November 2021

On 'Terror in Tunisia'
Bring it on Ake...may your writing be inspired.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb