Coats for everyone!


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Salaj » Simleu Silvaniei
January 4th 2005
Published: January 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

CheresaCheresaCheresa

This is the village that we had not planned to go to.
Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Not to be redundant, but today started much as the rest have with a delicious breakfast provided by the beautiful Alina. Marius’ (Alina’s husband) mother made us traditional Romanian bread baked in an outside oven over a coal fire. This bread was so good. Our projects have gone so well that we had to go purchase more food and make additional food bags this morning.

Unfortunately, the weather was working against us today. It was extremely cold, windy and rainy today. The first Gypsy group that we were to hand out food to was not able to make it out. We were forced to head to our next village. We had not planned to go here, but through some miscommunication we were able to reach this group too. We learned later that a year ago, the priests of this town ( Cheresa ) had attempted to stone two of the men that accompanied us. Due to lack of shelter to meet in, we did not stay long at this village. Tarl gave a brief invitation and we saw several saved. We gave out over 50 food bags.

Our third stop was the Hungarian village
Smile!Smile!Smile!

Bekah and Andy. This was probably one of the coldest days.
of Zauan. This place had a very comfortable church to meet in. Cindy and I thought that it looked very much like the church basement we met in as children. The younger boys seemed keen on Shannon. Apparently these people have been very difficult to win. We did however, have 4 come to Christ through our testimonies, songs and Tarl’s message. Our day did not end here; we had one more stop to make before heading home.

Our last stop was at the church we are all now familiar with: Nushfalau. Here we surprised the people with new winter coats. Though chaotic at first, the joy on their faces made it all worth it. We gave out over 70 winter jackets.

We were welcomed back at Tony’s house with yet another wonderful meal consisting of warm, yummy chicken soup with Romanian bread. Next we had fried chicken (not like at home, but very good) homemade mashed potatoes, and cabbage salad.

We have a curfew of 10:00 tonight because of an early start tomorrow. We are all very, very excited about tomorrow . . . . but you will have to read about it then!!!

We love
Hungarian ChurchHungarian ChurchHungarian Church

People leaving the church with their food bags.
you all. Please continue to pray for us. The weather for the next few days is forecasted to be rough, and it might interfere with our plans.

Amy and Julia

Hello Readers,

I wanted to add my first entry to this journal. My wife Kelly ( Hello Honey) and I have been here in Romania as missionaries for over 10 years. I wanted to make a comment about this Team of young people.

Not one time did they whine about anything. You know there are 18 of us total. What impressed me most was how much they have given of them selves. We have had some awesome meetings each morning and talk about what we were able to accomplish, many hard days where we have only slept a few hours, lots of other bumps in the road to put it lightly.

They have already wanted to try to help us build ten homes for the Gypsies in Ghida. After all for $1000 we can build a very nice home for a Gypsy family, they also have wanted to try to meet EVERYONES NEEDS.

It’s impossible to actually meet everyone’s needs, however I’ve had adult
Going HomeGoing HomeGoing Home

The members of the Hungarian church leaving for home with their food bags.
teams here who have visited us in Romania with the means to meet some huge financial needs that did not have the desire these young adults do

Well any way, I wanted all you to know who are reading this journal that I’m very happy to have these guys here with me in Romania. After all they are our future, even though I pull their hair out of the shower drain every morning J I think they will make a HUGE impact on the world.

In HIM,

Tony Collicco



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kids love candy!Kids love candy!
Kids love candy!

This little boy was happy to get his lollypop. I was trying to get him to smile, but he just mimicked what I was doing!
Nushfalau ChurchNushfalau Church
Nushfalau Church

These are the members of the chruch. Each adult got a new coat.
VladVlad
Vlad

Vlad our fearless translator and an ever helpful coat boy.


4th January 2005

To Rebecca Knight
I did not have an email address for Tony, so I emailed flight arrangements from Chicago to St. Louis to both Tarl and Adrienne's email. I hope one on them can access the message. God bless and have a safe trip. - Ron Knight
4th January 2005

So Proud
I am so proud of the way you all aredoing God's work. Hope you all keep it up and become shinning examples of what we all need to be in Christ. God bless you all. P.S. Ask Heather when and where we need to pick them up. - John Denamrk
5th January 2005

Hello Julia. Do you know when y'all know when your supposed to be back in Orlando? Alright, stay safe, I miss you. - Steve
1st April 2005

Great Work
I am corresponding with a pen pal near there. - Paul

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb