Another 2 days.


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Salaj » Simleu Silvaniei
July 13th 2005
Published: July 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Time has passed again without me even knowing. Two more days have come and gone before I had a chance to tell you everything that is going on here in Romania.

Yesterday (Tuesday) we visited the village of Nushfalau and set up the clinic in their church there. They have a two-story church and we were able to set up the clinic upstairs and the VBS/waiting room down stairs. The clinic saw about 200 people and Tom was able to share the gospel with those that were waiting upstairs. We had VBS downstairs and were able to even share the Bible stories with the adults that were waiting. It was a long day but we were able to do a lot of good.

Today (Wednesday) the medical clinic went to the village of Zauan. This time there was only a small one-room church. Tony had planned for the VBS team to meet outside but because of the rainy weather we had to alter our plans slightly. Alina called the pastor of her Baptist church in Cehei and arranged for us to spend the day with the children of her church. We walked up the road and met with about 20 Romanian children. About half of them spoke English and the other half understood it pretty well. We had a great day with them and were able to go a little more in-depth with our stories since they comprehended things a little better.

It is difficult for me to convey all of the different things that God is doing with our group. We are split into 4 teams that each have a different job to do. We often go different places and since I am only one person, I can only give my perspective so I feel that I am only conveying ΒΌ of the things God is doing with us.

The ladies are currently back in the village of Zauan doing the Ladies Conference again. A few of us stayed behind so that we could help Teresa sort medication to donate to the local hospital. Also, the church is so small, we wanted to make enough room for as many Gypsy women to attend as could. The evangelism team is also visiting 2 villages and doing some hillside evangelism.

From what I hear, the drama team is doing exceptionally well and they have also seen many souls saved. They have bonded in a way that we never imagined.

Tomorrow we are taking a well-earned break to visit the city of Zalau and do a little shopping and sight seeing. The clinic has actually run out of most of the essential medications and we probably would not be able to help most of the people if we did another one.

Thank you for your prayers as we have been passing around the flu and many of us are extremely fatigued. We are on the downward slide to home and we will see you all before we know it.

Love in Christ,

Amy


Advertisement



13th July 2005

Letter from Mom
Hi Amy, Glad to hear so many good things happening. We are so proud of you and the group and what you are doing there. Do you need arrangements to be picked up at airport? Grandpa is doing ok, has a long road ahead of him, dad is with him. Keep praying for him. We miss you. The boys are fine, Aidan had blood work today and he was tramatized, but doing ok now. See you on Saturday. Mom
13th July 2005

To Amy
Hi Amy - Your journal has once again been interesting reading! I hope you will all recover quickly. You may be exhausted, but you've obviously made a difference in so many lives of people you never would have met. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe journey home. P.S. - I got a seat in the Claudine Hellmuth workshop this Sat. - I'll have to share what I learn with you when you return! Michelle

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb