Canary Island Cruise


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Madeira » Funchal
January 27th 2024
Published: January 27th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 27th January

We have been to Madeira many times before, this cruise we don’t plan on doing too much galavanting so after a stroll around the sun deck we took a panoramic tour around Funchal, just a couple of photo shoot stops. The guide was very informative, a lot we already knew but did learn a few things new.



One of the stops we have been to so many times I think we should get loyalty points for visiting, but the view over Funchal is great and so too the swan neck Agave (Agave attenuata).



Some of the passengers stayed in Funchal, but we returned to the ship and enjoyed an alfresco lunch back on board.



A lovely sunny day and everyone was feeling upbeat now that we had finally reached our first destination.



Saga now have electric bicycles on offer for any passengers willing to take to the road. Not sure how many Oldies could handle it but there were three bicycles when we left for our tour and only two when we returned !



We left Madeira around 4.30pm - the waterboard
& paddlers undeterred by the size of the vessel next to them.



Our next Port of Call is the island of La Palma where we are taking another easy pace panoramic tour.



Another formal night this evening, I wouldn’t want formal every night but it is lovely to see everyone dressed in their finery whatever their age or mobility. We have one more to come.



Prepping the camera up to take a photo is a challenge especially with the floor sloping to give easy access to the balcony for a wheelchair.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement











Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb