Ahhh Lisbon! History & Nata


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
August 19th 2016
Published: August 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Upon arrival to Lisbon, we took the subway from the airport to Bairo Alto's "Restauradores" station. Metro system is very easy to figure out and boy did we enjoy their comfy seating after 24 hrs of travel 😊 it's less than 2€ per ride, or you can get a daily pass for 6€ which allows you to hop on any public transportation (metro, bus, tram, elevador)
Our first glimpse out of the metro was the Cervejaria Santiago and the cobble stone streets. To get to our apartment, we had to climb up the steep hill by foot, or -to our delight- ride the unique "elevador" that comfortably carries us up the hill. Truly a fun experience. Few steps up after our elevador ride, and we stumble on the "miraduro" (the look out) uncovering a stunning view of Lisbon! We checked in as rapidly as possible and head back to explore the city. We spent a day and a half in Lisbon, walking over 35,000 steps according to my Iphone! So much to see in this city, so much history, and so many delightful pastries!!!! Did i mention the pastries??? I gobbled 4 Natas in a day and a half! And i'm not usually crazy about deserts... But those Natas are a dream of creamy clouds that float in your mouth and tickle your palet with such sweetness! Yummmm!!!
One of my many favorite spots was the Castelo of São Jorge. You get to read about the many civilisations that occupied it and get to see a stunning panoramic view of Lisbon. We're lucky we will get to spend another evening in Lisbon before flying back to Montreal 😊


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb