fado


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
June 8th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

moomoomoo

found another cow....we lost count, but i thought this guy was cool.
just got done with dinner, we came exploring down some side streets looking for fado. and we found it. i wish i could explain fado....but i can´t with any good verbs so instead i will tell you that it is very emotional, and when they sing all you can think about is the music. you forget to talk, you forget to eat, if they´re really good you forget you have a ciggarette in your hand and you are captured by their voice.

we had the pleasure of listening to 3 different singers and 2 guitarists. one of the guitarists was very old and reminded me of grampy. he was incredible. there were 2 men and one woman. the woman reminded me of you sarah, she had on a red dress with these incredibly high silver heels and a red sash. it was nice drinking port and having my eyes closed listening to music.

today we went to the castle and the cathedral here, both were impressive although the castle much more so...tommorow pics i swear...

oh and laundry got done! she even folded the socks...i was thouroughly impressed!

oh, one more thing, tonight they had a protest
near the castlenear the castlenear the castle

i think this is what i thought italy would look like, but had no idea portugal was so beautiful
for the policmen of portugal because i guess they have been accused of bribery and they are making a stand saying they are clean cops...of course it took mom asking a few people asking what was going on...she actually didn´t know something for once, and neither did anyone else it seems....

tommrow it´s off to madrid on the night train, but i´ll try to add some pics before we leave. we´re in an internet cafe right now, that has free internet but it´s a bar...and long story. we both got sprite just to use the computer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

king jorge´s castleking jorge´s castle
king jorge´s castle

so...in the words of my mother "well, if you´re gonna pick a spot in portugal for a castle, i´d say this should be it"
king jorge´s castleking jorge´s castle
king jorge´s castle

inside the castle. this place had amazing light. i listened to someone play guitar in a courtyard here.
cathedralcathedral
cathedral

the stained glass made these really amzing patterns. i understand now why they make stained glass windows.
stationstation
station

this metro station was huge. it reminded me of some kind of skeleton


8th June 2006

: 0)
wow babe you look great in that dress...your not turning all girlie on me are you? king georges castle looks bad ass and i bet the guitarist sounded amazing. miss ya and love ya
8th June 2006

that cow reminds me of cat-dog. its cool looking though

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb