lisboa


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
October 17th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

not in lisbon at the moment but thought that i would tell you all a little bit about whats going on over here. So the night train that i took to lisbon instead of madrid because i wanted to check out a few places here and it was pretty much the same price as it was to go to madrid. the train left at 930pm and got in at noon, cant say that it was as bad as the last few trains but cant say that i enjoyed it either. was all alone in my compartment until this creepy cult guy came in and started preaching to me about his cult and that i should get off with him in burgas instead of going to portugal. pretty much told him to "f off" sorry for the language but it needed to be said, and sat at the bar with a dude from san diego and a girl from nor cal. after that caught up on some sleep and found the hostel that i was checking out no problem. pretty cool little place, except that it had cats and the cats had fleas leaving me scratching all day for the next 3 days. met some canadians who are studying in spain but were doing a bit of traveling so hung out with them and did a bit of sightseeing, cant say that i saw anything too spectacular in lisbon, but it was super cheap, a six pack of beer is like 2 euros, with that said it was nice to be in a cheap place again {especially after being in germany and switzerland] so checked out a castle and did a bit of shopping in madrid. the canadians knew this guy who is rowing across the atlantic from lisbon to costa rica. thats right i said rowing, met this guy and he said that he wont be on land for 5 months, super intresting guy but i cant say that he was the sanest person ive ever met, he had already rode his bike from vancover to london by way of siberia. so with a handshake and a smile and plenty of your crazys we saw him off the other day. left for lagos on sunday morning and cant say that it was a fun experience, fell asleep in the bus and missed the place that i was supposed to transfer so ended up in faro where i had to wait for 2 hours to take the bus back to vale something, then wait two more hours for the bus to take me to lagos. all said and done got here at 1230am after leaving lisbon at around 1pm. Lagos is a pretty cool town, the beach is really nice and its a smaller town, which is cool after being in lisbon. havent really done anything here yet, just kinda watched televison today because it has been raining non stop. so will be here in lagos for 2 more days before heading to salmanaca to visit the canadians for a few days, then a day or two in madrid to watch real madrid play valencia, then back to barcelona. so thats whats up with me, will write again in a few days.


much love,

mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb