Our first visitor


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Central » Coimbra
October 25th 2006
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lindsay’s brother, Tim, came to visit us last week. It was fun to have a guest and see a familiar face. We showed him around Coimbra and in exchange he brought us brand new bottles of contact solution (it costs over $20 a bottle here!) and The Office Season 2 DVD to watch. I thought it was a pretty good trade, myself.

On the weekend we went to Porto and climbed the tallest tower in Portugal, the Torre dos Clerigos (around 200 ft. high and 225 stairs, not too bad), checked out a few port wine lodges, had some good Indian food for lunch, and did some shopping.

We went to one trendy clothing store that Tim knew about and coincidentally, they were having their first anniversary party, complete with fake mustaches for everyone (even the girls). We all put them on for a few minutes in the store, but I was the only one silly enough to wear it out on the street. Most people just gave me a funny look, but a few people actually started laughing and then tried to hide it… because maybe I really did have bushy grey facial hair at 27.

It rained almost the whole time Tim was here, but he was a good sport and we had a good time anyways.

- Jason



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb