Slowly through the Alentejo


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Alentejo
April 10th 2009
Published: April 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lagos



We had a lovely time with Anne, Graham and Ben. We managed to show Ben the sea and waves for the first time. He seemed to enjoy himself which meant that his parents relaxed as well. It was a real highlight. The campsite was very well run and impressed us both.

But we had to say goodbye on Sunday so that they could return to work. And we took off to explore the west coast of Portugal.

Alentejo



We always knew this coast from our stays in Feragudo as it was where we went to find some cooler air, about 10C. However, as we are going much further north we have found some gems where the Portugese go more than other northern Europeans. We liked Odeceixe with its beach on the river, Odemira, Porto Covo and, especially, Vila Nova de Milfontes. It can be really wild and windy here but it was fine for us most of the time.

We did not do any cycling but wildcamped on the coast.

Monte Naturista O Barao



We have now returned to the first stop we had and shall spend Easter here. Quite a lot of Portugese have now discovered this lovely site and it has quite filled up. The best weather will be on Sunday but it is still sunny but cooler than usual with some wind. We have managed to cycle here especially as we use the tandem for shopping.

We still make mistakes as when we got to the supermarket at 2.50 pm only to sit having a coffee while they shut for two hours. We went back early the day after. It's about 10km away.

Next we are going north to another naturist campsite near Coimbra which we shall be visiting. Following on we move into Spain and along the coast to Bilbao. The only definite is Leon with a possible journey through Picos de Europa.

We are now making plans for our return, booking theatre trips and times to meet the children. And we are looking forward to catching up with everyone else as well.

We return on 30 April, just before the bank holiday weekend.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb