Wooo!!! Uninterupted computer time!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Pomerania » Tczew
July 15th 2008
Published: July 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Getting computer time here has been really hard. In the dorms there are only two computer to 120 students and staff. Plus these computers are circa 1990 running Window's 98. They're a nightmare. So I finally got a chance to use the good computers in the computer lab again.

This camp has been a blur. There are only three more days that students will be here. I still can't believe that it has gone by so fast and that we have fit so much in. Since my last update, we have been on a whole bunch of different tours. The coolest one was probably the trip to Malbork. Malbork is the largest castle in Europe built in the 1300's. Near the end of WWII, it was pretty much destroyed by Russian soldiers trying to take over the fortress from the Germans. It was amazing seeing how much restoration work they've done in 60 years and how much more they have left to go.

Probably the most fun trip was our trip to Hel yesterday. Besides, the countless number of jokes you can make (it was almost a cold day in Hel) it was a good day to relax. Hel is a beach town at the end of a peninsula on the Baltic sea. Four other people and I rented bikes while we were there for an hour. Then we rode to the beach where we swam and relaxed in the sun. The Baltic sea was freezing, but it's not often that I get to see the ocean, so I took advantage of swimming anyway.

Otherwise, it has been a long list of the things we've done. We've been to a bomb shelter, an upside down house, a family owned pottery store, the tallest point between Paris and Moscow (unbelievable view), two castles, the longest boardwalk in Europe, gorgeous churches, and got to see a Bible printed by Guttenburg (there are only 40 still in existence). Next week we go to Krackow. We will be taken to the salt mines, an area called Zacopane for a rafting trip, Auschwitz, and the house of Copernicus. Plus we will get a lot of free time to explore Krackow which I hear is an absolutely amazing city.

It has been only three weeks, but I feel that I have really gotten to connect with a lot of these students. It will be hard saying goodbye knowing that you won't really be able to visit except to keep in touch with e-mail. They have just been so much fun and I have learned as much from them as they have from the American teachers.

I'm having a great time, but looking forward to being home. Talk to you all soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb