Warsaw


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Masovia » Warsaw
July 27th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

WarsawWarsawWarsaw

Old Town which was all but destroyed during the war and the uprising
Arrived in Warsaw at 8,30am. The first thing that really struck me was that noone speaks English. Up until now it ahd been so easy. So when Chris went up to information he had to hold up the lonely planet guide and point. We ended up finding the bus after speaking to a multi lingual homeless person near the bus stop.

The three of us went for a stroll around Warsaw, saw some strutting guards before heading down to the river to get some funny photos with some strategically placed pink deer. I dont think Ive laughed as much on this trip as I did today. It was great just letting the good old Aussie humour run rampant while muching on a bbq chicken and rolls in the park.

Found a nice big church and had absolutely no luck looking for the oldest remaining synagogue. The art complex we found was really cool though, and bizarely had a basketball court in the middle of it. The architecture is very much a reconstruction and you can see a lot of east meets west. It just makes me so sad thinking that 85% of the city was destroyed during the war.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

WarsawWarsaw
Warsaw

Old Town which was all but destroyed during the war and the uprising


Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb