Dresden to Breslau


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Wroclaw
June 22nd 2014
Published: June 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are now travelling through Germany. We left Etten Leur at 9.30 after saying our thank you's and Good Byes. The trip on the Auobahn was reasonable except for me Liz. I hate having cars racing passing us at 200 k.m. an hour. Not because I am jealous but it scares me. Allan could not careless. He sits from 120-140 no problem. We reached our Hotel in a little village at 3 p.m. What a lovely setting. We had a beautiful shower and meal and watched Australia getting defeated by the Dutch. Sad. But they can be proud of themselves, because everyone thinks the Dutch will take it out. We had an overnight stop at a small place called Staufenberg. A very nice area but as I said it was just an overnight stop. Nice Hotel and we had a terrific meal that night. It was opposite a sport place, Kids were exercising there at night. At 10 p.m. it is still light. Next day we went on to Mobschatz, that is close to Dresden. We had friends there and had not seen them for twenty years. When the Berlin wall came down we stayed there. The family tried to make some money, doing Bed & Breakfast. We were given their address and that is how we got to know them. It was a lovely reunion. Next day the owner Brigitte took us out to Dresden to show the city. In those twenty years a lot had been rebuild. The Frauen Kirche was again complete, also the Zwinger was back in all it's glory. For the lunch we finished up in the Sophien Keller. What a place that was. Build in a cellar, completely in medieval style. Around you the old armoury the Knights were wearing in those days. The meals were served by servants in the old style clothes. Meals were extremely good. A place to remember.As if !! Pity we had leave. So much to see there. We had to say Goodbye to our good friends, Klaus and Brigitte, that looked so well after us. We will never forget them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.502s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb