IKEA!!!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Wroclaw
September 26th 2010
Published: September 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So last week went pretty smoothly. Our topic for last week's lessons was music, so most of the students enjoyed it and participated some. On Wednesday and Thursday though, over half of the students in each class were absent because they were preparing the school for their 90th school celebration this weekend. A lot of them were in their school chorus that was singing a few songs for the weekend celebration. Our 2nd to last class Thursday didn't show up and a couple students from that class came to tell us that they were all in the auditorium watching the chorus rehearse the songs. So we walked over to the auditorium and got to see them sing (in Polish of course), but they were realllly good! Then we found out that all of the last classes of the day were cancelled so they could get the students to clean the rooms and outside the school. We were excited to leave early so we walked over to this pizzeria that has been recommended to us. The week before, a man (who owns the pizzeria) came to the school to talk to Des and me about looking over his English menu and making any corrections since his English wasn't that good and he wanted the menu to sound normal. So we looked it over and made some changes and I found out that his son is one of my students (a good student actually from my really good small class). So we went to eat there Thursday after school and they gave us a full meal for free! And it was even good! Its the first food that's been good in Poland that we didn't have to make for ourselves. Friday we took the bus (which is only supposed to be an hour but because of traffic was an hour and 45 mins) into Wroclaw. Then we walked to the tram (kind of like a cable car) and took that for a while to the last stop, then had to walk a long time until we found a taxi, who then took us to.... IKEA!!!!!! We have been looking forward to IKEA for a while to get some things we need for our apartment. It was pretty nice (like all IKEA'S are) but sooooo small compared to the other one's I have been to. I got a new temprepedic pillow like the one I have at home. It is amazing. Took 2 busses to get back home. Saturday we took another bus back into Wroclaw and went to the mall for a couple hours. I got 4 long sleeve shirts, all in different colors, so I will have something to wear to school for the whole week in winter. Found an awesome grocery store in the mall that had PEANUT BUTTER and a lot of spices and chinese food, mexican food, etc. ingredients. Today is our cleaning/laundry/grading tests/lesson planning/ and hopefully hair trim day. October should be an awesome month on the weekends anyway. There are 5 weekends in October and we've planned trips for all of them. Weekend 1: Posnan (a bigger city about 3 hours away in Poland) to see Frank Turner (Des's favorite musician) in concert. Weekend 2: Bologna, Italy!!! We found roundtrip tickets online for only $27 each, fees and taxes included!! Weekend 3: Auschwitz to see the concentration camps. Weekend 4: still up in the air, possibly Warsaw. Weekend 5: Dublin, Ireland for Halloween. Des has a friend living there at her parent's house so we will have a free tour guide and a free place to stay!! So excited to get out of Poland for a little and see more of Europe!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb