Poland


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Wroclaw
August 31st 2010
Published: August 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Finally made it to Poland. Left the hotel yesterday morning at 7:30am (cheaper to split a cab with Jess because her flight left at 10:30 yesterday morning. So I slept on the seats in the airport until my 1:10 flight (also got all my luggage on the plane for free some how. It should have been over 100$!). 3 hours to Munich, 2 hour layover there, 1 hour flight to Wroclaw. Mr. Sawicki was there waiting for me with Desiree. They are both verrrry nice and I think we'll be fine working/living together. He helped me with my bags (which is saying something cause they were over 100lbs total). Drove through the city of Wroclaw (which is where we'll take a bus into on the weekends to shop/sightsee/wander.) Its a pretty big city, kind of like the European equivalent of a college town. He said over 200,000 people are students at the universities there. Took us like an hour/hour and a half to drive to the smaller town of Sycow where we live. We stopped at the grocery store to get a few things for dinner and breakfast this morning. Mr. Sawicki paid for all of it which was really nice. Short drive to the apartment (which is nice enough. Really weirdly decorated but clean and huge for what we are paying for.) Made a list of things I'll need that we dont have (toilet paper, towels since i tossed mine in Greece, umbrella, snow boots, winter clothes, etc.) We're going to see the schools that we'll work at today. Will update more later!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb