Golden Dawn


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Bystrzyca Klodzka
October 1st 2013
Published: October 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

During the Classical era of Ancient Greece many city-states had forms of government based on democracy, in which the free (non-slave), native (non-foreigner) adult male citizens of the city took a major and direct part in the management of the affairs of state, such as declaring war, voting supplies, dispatching diplomatic missions and ratifying treaties. These activities were often handled by a form of direct democracy, based on a popular assembly. Others, of judicial nature, were often handled by large juries, drawn from the citizen body. I think that this is NOT the democracy that they intended because they have changed a lot throughout the years. That's how it has changed throughout time. Loathed and feared by many as neo-Nazis, Greece's Golden Dawn party has nevertheless gained substantial support during the economic crisis. It took advantage of growing public anger fuelled by corruption and mismanagement by the established political parties; drastic cuts to jobs, wages and pensions enforced by international lenders; and a steady flow of immigrants seeking access to the EU.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb