Arrival


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
September 1st 2006
Published: September 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We met at the intl terminal of O'hare airport on the night of August 31st. Many of us were worried about Tom, whom we thought for a moment may have forgotten about the trip! But, within 45 minutes of our departure to Warsaw, he finally arrived. The nine hour flight to Warsaw for the ten of us seemed to go quickly, as most of us slept much of it away, but the five hour layover between Warsaw and Krakow seemed much longer. Upon arrival in Krakow at about 7 pm, we were greeted with a warm welcome from Angie, who had arrived two days earlier, and Magda, the local Habitat representative. Kathy joined us shortly thereafter, and we made our way to the "24 Hostel", and then on to a local Polish restaurant. Many of us tried the Kielbasa, the fried sheep cheese, and Polish beer (piwo) and vodka (wodka). We all agreed that the meal was delicious, and a perfect start to our trip. The city of Krakow is full of old stone and brick streets and buildings, with a few of them dating back to the 1400s! Magda, our host, and Habitat representative, and translator, and tourguide (and just, overall, best thing that we could ever ask for in this country), has been nothing but a wonderful host. We are all looking forward to beginning the build tomorrow, and meeting Tomasz and his two brothers whom we are building for. It should be a great trip, as the entire group seems to already be getting along beautifully!

Advertisement



4th September 2006

more pictures please
Thanks for keeping this travel journal. I love hearing about your grand adventure. I can't wait to read more. And, I'd love to see more pictures if/when you can swing it. I'm so proud of you all. Blessings from Sausalito. :) Raphaella

Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb