Day 1: Early Evening


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have checked into our dorm room. It is about the size I expected: small, old, and very few amenities. I think the students in the U.S. would be incredibly bewildered by what Polish students have as accomodations. Still most Polish students far surpass the academic knowledge and skills of their American counterparts. We have a balcony that faces West, so we get an incredible amount of afternoon sun. The view is typical of the student sector of the city.

Everyone workng at the dorm has been incredibly hospitable. I am not surprised; it is the Polish way. We have access to a post office, bank, pub, cafe, computer room, cafeteria, kitchen, gift shop, library, a small Chinese restauraunt, and a laundromat. (They even clean your clothes for you.) These are all located on the first floor. Our teachers and guides live among us. We are lucky enough to have ours living in the next room.

We are settling in now. We have not yet unpacked. We plan to take nap and then head to the Rynek Glowny (Main Square) of Krakow tonight. What a remarkable city!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb