Dedication Day in Miechów


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
November 20th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Konrad, Tomasz & CzarekKonrad, Tomasz & CzarekKonrad, Tomasz & Czarek

In their new home!

DEDICATION DAY IN MIECHÓW


After many months of waiting and lots of hard work, Dedication Day for Tomasz, Konrad & Czarek has finally arrived. Although Team Poland wasn't able to be there, they were all present in spirit (and "in person" in the photos on the walls).

Magda Juwko from Habitat for Humanity Poland was there to celebrate with "The Brothers." In her email, she said:


"Hi Team!
We did it!!!
Last Saturday during Citigroup International Day for Society we did our Dedication Home for Brothers!
It was really amazing. We started with work of course! Citibank volunteers, sponsors and friends grabbed paintbrushes and started painting house with all different colures. Then priest (Tomasz’s friend) blessed all rooms in house and Peter (my executive director) gives him Bible as a moral foundation of this house. We give our big thanks to everybody volunteers and sponsors present and absent like you. You were also with us on our small historical gallery in house.
Then we get everybody outside to plant our trees (60 cm high not 2 m - we couldn’t find this big when were needed). On behalf of Habitat It was done by Mark Crozet - Vice-president
HFHI and Willo Brock - Resource Development Director HFHI ECA together with their lovely wife’s. For ceremony of plant your tree, we asked volunteers from Citibank with Ewa which you all know on front.
It was last point of the celebrity except reception and great bigos from Day Care Center. But guess what? They get back to work!!!!! Just like you!!!!!
Everybody had tears in eyes during all ceremony. Boys were more than happy!!!

At the end of the day (and your very beginning), when we were finishing Terri called us on my mobile!!!! It was something!!! Boys were shocked, but immediately recognized her voice. Thank you Terri for this, I couldn’t ask for better complete this day.

As you can see on pictures, we still have some work to do, but house is in shape, that they can live there. We didn’t finish platforms and stairs, because we had to wait for some special electricity cable which has to be covered under stairs with concrete. But: toilet, walls, floors are ready. This week Jakub will finish stairs and help boys with moving their furniture’s inside.

Thank you for being with us in this Day, I know
Tree PlantingTree PlantingTree Planting

Citibank volunteer, Ewa, helps plant Christmas tree from Thrivent Financial's Team Poland.
that we were in your thoughts and prayers the same like you all were in ours.

Bless you!"

Magda

All of us on Thrivent Financial's Team Poland were incredibly blessed by this experience. In fact, almost all plan to lead or participate on another build, and 4 are scheduled to co-lead Thrivent Builds Worldwide/Global Village build trips in 2007.

Check us out at: Thrivent Builds

If you'd like to help build a home in Poland without even leaving your computer, just click on this link: Habitat for Humanity Poland and then click on the "Build a Home" or "Podaruj dom" box at the bottom of the page. You can click on this link every day, helping us get closer to providing another home for a family in need. Thank you!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Habitat TreeHabitat Tree
Habitat Tree

Habitat for Humanity also plants tree at Dedication Ceremony.
Tomasz Receives BibleTomasz Receives Bible
Tomasz Receives Bible

Tomasz receives Bible from Habitat for Humanity to build solid foundation for home!
PiotrPiotr
Piotr

Piotr helps paint living room.
EwaEwa
Ewa

Ewa and another Citibank volunteer help finish painting, too!
Team PolandTeam Poland
Team Poland

Team Poland is there is spirit!
Team Poland 2Team Poland 2
Team Poland 2

It was a blessing to be a blessing!
CitibankCitibank
Citibank

Citibank voluntters in finished living room.
GuestsGuests
Guests

Little crowd of guests at celebration. Jakub (in background) will help move in the remaining furniture this week for the brothers.
Shining SunShining Sun
Shining Sun

The sun seems to always shine on this beautiful house!
Newspaper ArticleNewspaper Article
Newspaper Article

Newspaper article about Dedication Day in Miechów.


Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb