Scandanavian Tour


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
July 6th 2017
Published: July 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We're continuing northward. We're 3 or 4 days from Bodo! We had a wonderful 2 days of flat riding with sun and no rain, but now we've had a couple of days in the high 40's with rain and head winds combined with steep long climbs, 9% for 5km's. The down hills should be fun but with cold rain driving into the face it's more just hanging on. But when the rain stops and the sun lights up the mountains it's just fantastic! And of course adding to the challenge, today we went through 2 tunnels that were 3 Kim's long and one of them was unlighted. The weather should turn in the next day or so.

We're seeing more and more touring cyclists now, most heading south. Some interesting characters. I'd say at least half of the tourers are female and a few are solo. At a grocery stop we met 4 lady's that announced they were 4 grandmothers that had escaped their grandmotherly responsibilities for a month. A fellow with ptsd who's working with the group 'wounded warriors', an Australian who couldn't convince his wife to tour in the wet and cold, an Austrian bicycle vagabond on an old touring bike with worn out front wheel bearings and a wicked grinding sound coming from the rear! Life on the road!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb