LIFE in GENERAL


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 19th 2006
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Weve been living in Tønsberg, our small little coastal town in Norway now for just over 4 months now and we still cant believe how fast its gone.

When I think back when i thought wed have to turn into eskimoes to survive, and now everythings green, yellow, white, the flowers, grass, blue skies, smell of barbecues, people tanned in shorts... yeah thats right, spring has come... and it came over night.
One day i went to work and it was warm . I gotta say its reeeeeeeeally beautiful here at this time of the year, the sun is setting at about 11.oo pm everynight and rising at about 3.45 am. The sunsets last for sooo long so you can relax and just sit and enjoy them for a good hour, with a beer in the hand and a nice breeze (wearing a t-shirt) you can almost forget the feel of snow under feet.

Well I guess you could say weve gone heads down ass up here at the moment, we are all workin really hard, Sofes still working at her Restaurant "Baku", working mostly hours like 5 or 6pm till 12-2 am.
Mackan and
early aprilearly aprilearly april

the change was sooooo quick, from - 5 to 20+
I are still working at RKC, the outdoor products distribution place, driving forkilifts, picking orders of anything from small houses, tool sheds, outdoor decks, wind walls, rabbit cages, table and bench sets, play equipment, camping stuff, you name it.
We work from 6am till 2pm one week then from 2pm till 10pm the other, we been hooking in with over time working 12 hour days and some sundays.
Its been really tough at times but were enjoyin life.

We alway make sure we can get out and enjoy this cool place though, weve been doing a lot of longboarding around the town and at the skateparks, meeting locals and havin a blast. Ive added some skate photos and Mackan has been working on a reeeeeeeeeally cool website www.freeridesociety.com which will be up and running in mid July.

Its cool because its afternoon light till at least 11.30pm, although its taken me a while to get used to it when im trying to sleep early at 10 and the suns still up!!!!
There have also been a few of Mackans friends move in just up the road so we hang out with them abit too, thats
tønsberg harbourtønsberg harbourtønsberg harbour

beautiful by day party central by night, sofe works in between the big yellow one and the red one
awesome havin some more swedish people around.

Weve made some cool friends from work to and i been practising my swedish with them so thats all fun and games.
Our Work took us out Go-karting and shouted pizza and beers ect the other week and it was soooooo fun, the track was outdoors and long , fastest i had been on and i came first and second, then the third heat i had a funny pile up crash.

Weve also had Sofes parents come and stay with us which has also been really cool, they are really great so we just hang out, eat good food, drink good wine, relax and have some laughs.

Another great thing about norway is it has so many public holidays!!!!!
for a while there was one a week. They had the easter holidays which are different from ours, then Norwegian National day and some others i forget.
Actually National Day was cool. I didnt know what to expect and i woke up early and walked to the top of the hill we live under, it seemed all of Tønsberg had dressed up in traditional getup and gathered on
from the tower on our hillfrom the tower on our hillfrom the tower on our hill

me enjoying the late night light show
this hill.
Every norwegian flag was up, the rain was pouring, noone cared, there was a marching band and some dignitaries, and of course a group of drunk students. I only had my video camera so i have no still shots but the morning ended with some DEAFENING canon blasts that ricocheted down over the town and everyone went on a march through town, it was really uplifting, they really love their country!
Theres a lot more so i'll add entries when i can.
Although i love snow the summer here is already beautiful and refreshing, nice people and cool atmosphere.
The only downside is i do miss FMAILY and FRIENDS and the OCEAN; SURFING; MEATPIES; CHOCOLATE OAKS; BACKYARD POOLS...anyways God Blesses me sooooo much i cant complain.
Ha det bra (have a good one)





Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

the thon hotel flagthe thon hotel flag
the thon hotel flag

where my bro and sis will stay for a couple of nights very soon
grassgrass
grass

its only grass but maaaaaaaan its better to lie on than snow
Tønsberg skateparkTønsberg skatepark
Tønsberg skatepark

soon to be a veeeeeeery famous park once mackans website is set up in July... www.freeridesociety.com... good fun
bennoze tryin to sleepbennoze tryin to sleep
bennoze tryin to sleep

i know ive said it but it is really weird tryin to sleep at 10.30 for eeeeeearly start and it feels like its still arvo, spun me out for a while
o.k.we got excited a bit too earlyo.k.we got excited a bit too early
o.k.we got excited a bit too early

yeah it was a beautiful morning so we head to the skatepark then to the beach for a little grilling of some swedish salmon and the rain follows us and it turns reeeeeeeally chilly, it was cool day though
i look a bit weird but sofe looks beautifuli look a bit weird but sofe looks beautiful
i look a bit weird but sofe looks beautiful

and if we both look uncomfy it because it freeeezin
the beachthe beach
the beach

the beach about 10mins from us, we're gunna be there heaps in summer, once the penguins and polar bears get kicked out of the water, its a shame theres no waves


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb