Elderhostel Trip, "The True Spirit of Scandinavia"


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We landed in to Stavanger, Norway this afternoon at 1pm local time, 22 hours after we had left our home in The Villages, FL. We flew US Air to Philadelphia and Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then a smaller Lufthansa plane to Stavanger, Norway. Hurray!
I wrote the above information last night after 10pm local time but decided to stop and go to bed. The moon was up but it was still quite light outside.
Today, Wednesday, June 3rd. We are part of a three week Elderhostel trip, called The Spirit of Scandinavia. Our accomodations for this week are in the Jaeren Folk School in Kleppe, a village near Stavanger which is near the North Sea. We have a private room with private bath and we have been enjoying delicious meals in the Folk School dining room.
This morning we heard an interesting talk about the famous Norweigan writer, Arne Garborg. After lunch a field trip took us to the farm house where he was born in 1851 and later to his summer house which is perched on the top of a stony hill with a beautiful view of a valley with the sea beyond. While the weather is sunny, the wind is quite brisk and cool. Tonight we will be treated to some local Norweigan folk music and learn some folk dances.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb