Jesus Church


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
August 28th 2005
Published: September 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post


On Sundays we have pretty much a free day until church at 5 pm. I walked around the city by myself, had some personal time with God, and also took some pictures (which once I have more time will post on here). The founder of Jesus Revolution is also the pastor of Jesus Church. The praise & worship was in both Norwegian and English. The service was interpreted in English for us. The church is a very young church and really on fire for God. The sermon was on our purpose in life: 1. to know Jesus, 2. to follow Jesus, 3. to lead others to Jesus, 4. to fellowship with Jesus, 5. to worship Jesus. I really liked one of the analogies the pastor used to explain why important it is to be a part of the church. He compared our bodies with the body of church. When part of our body gets sick or even just to function normally it has to be part of the rest of the body. With church you have to be connected to the rest of the body of the church because when you are connected you can receive healing and strength from the other members of the body. So when we perhaps fall in our walk with God instead of running away from the church we should run to the church.

After church I went and had hot chocolate with a few of the girls to get to know them better (the group included girls from Finland, Germany, Norway, and America). We were getting the Norwegian to teach of different phrases in Norwegian. Unfortunately I have only retained “thank you”.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb