Two weeks on a bus full of Australians


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Trøndelag » Steinkjer
July 8th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thought I should try to fill in some gaps while Nigel was getting packed.
Turns out the bus tour we booked has spent most of its marketing money in OZ. Of the 27 people onboard one was Malaisian, one was Canadian and then there was us. Really we couldn't have got a better bunch to travel with. It wasn't really a party bus like we had heard about other tours, only one person was a real alcoholic and despite them serving beer on the bus the only night they got really messy she was fine (experiance is a great thing).
So things we have seen:

The Arctic Circle - Crossed in in Norway back out in finland. took the silly pictures jumping over the line etc. Its still really hot weather in the arctic circle, so much for expecting snow and stuff.

Nordcapp - picnic on the ground at the top of the cliff and watched the sun not set at midnight. also a warm night, teeshirts at midnight.

Santas Village - The biggest tourest trap I have ever seen, on the arctic circle line in Finland, its a huge complex designed to get the most souveniere shops into the area as possable. Nigel brought a Tshirt from santa. I thought about getting santa to send you all a letter but you were all on the naughty list already.

Some Glacier somewhere in Norway - Much like other glaciers but you could walk right next to it and if you were brave/stupid stand under an iceblock. For some reason 1/2 the group wanted to take there clothes off and have there photo taken by the ice in the buff. fortunatly there was plenty of space to find a better uninteruped view of glacier. Ausies are strange.

Trip games - the tour leader is a teacher and the far north is very isolated so no pubs, shops, people, so he arianged gaves and quizes for the net result on comunal public humiliation (they included singing and dancing) to keep us from getting bored in the evenings ( or doing washing or checking email or drinking too much). Soccer was the the most fun until the busdriver got his kit off and streaked across the field. He wasn't even austrainian?

times up see you all real soon (: + ):

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb