From Norway With Love


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway » Tromsø
May 15th 2018
Published: May 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

If you have never been to Norway, then make sure you put a visit to this Scandinavian country on your bucket list. Norway is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe, and incidentally one of the most expensive. Because of the price of food, drinks and accommodation, a lot of visitors only end up spending a short time there. Even if you plan on spending just a weekend, it is certain to be one weekend you will not forget in a hurry.

Norway is one place that offers year round attraction, which means you can visit just about any time you want.

I logged on and used aktivioslo who organizes series of activities all over Norway such as the Northern Lights excursions, dog sledding, fjording and lots more. But to help get your plans started, here are a few things you can expect to experience whenever you eventually visit –

Visit Tromso – Tromso in Norway is the third largest city in the world and home to the world’s northernmost university. It is also home to one of the most popular Norwegian pubs, Ølhallen's Pub where you can find as much as 67 varieties of Norwegian craft beers on tap. Incidentally, this city is also one of the perfect places to see the Northern lights during winter. And if you are someone that gets bored easily, you can take a trip on any of the many fjords that is on Tromso. There is also the Tromsdalen Church also called the Arctic Cathedral which was built in 1965. This cathedral which is actually not a cathedral is one of the important structures in northern Norway.

Sail the Oslofjord – If you happen to visit Norway during the spring or summer, there is no better way to spend some hours than sailing on the Oslofjord. Oslo, the capital of Norway and one of the most beautiful cities in the world is located on the Oslofjord, so there are definitely hundreds of attractions to see if you get tired of the water.
Visit Bergen – Bergen is a wonderful, historical port city in western Norway. It is even more popular because of the group of old Hanseatic structures along the waterfront which has been converted into a UNESCO World Heritage Site . On Bergen, you can see the hundreds of freight and cruise ships that stopover en-route to other parts of Europe.

See the northern lights – The northern lights are one of the most spectacular sights in the world. This is one of the experiences you must have if you happen to visit Norway anytime between October and March. The Northern lights or Aurora Borealis occurs when solar winds come in contact with the atmosphere around the magnet of the North Pole. This combination results into arches, curls and waves of light that moves across the sky with sudden coloured rays shooting down from the sky. Very few things in the world capture the imagination of people as much as the Northern lights and every year star gazers witness the ethereal glow of luminous lights pulsating across the sky.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb