Journey to the Loften Islands


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway » Lofoten Islands
July 12th 2016
Published: July 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

11th July, Lofoten Islands.
The focus of the last 3 days has been traveling. Two day ago the highlight of the day's drive was the Atlantic Road. This is a dramatic piece of engineering that links a series of small islands via steep humpback bridges and causeways. The scenery is quite wild, although for once it was a clear day for us. We made use of the many lay-bys to stretch our legs and take photos.Yesterday the highlight was Trondheim, one time capital city. Massive medieval cathedral with a front lined with statues. Bishop's Palace adjacent to it. From there it's a short stroll through a park along the river to the old waterfront wooden warehouses and an ancient bridge. This area was attractive with a few cobblestone streets around with cafes and boutiques.Today the aim has been all about getting to the Lofoten Islands via a 4 hour ferry from Bodo. Set off early for the 4 hour drive from last night's campsite as we'd read that the ferry can be busy. We arrived 4 hours ahead, surprised how many vehicles were already lined up, we were just three from the end. We're now in the Arctic Circle and this is the sunniest, hottest day so far!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb