Home sweet home in Holland


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » The Hague
August 20th 2006
Published: September 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A friend of mine that I met last year when working in Wales lives in The Hague. She was kind enough to let us stay at her flat for a few nights. We got into Holland Spoor train station around 1pm. I have to mention the public washroom at this station. It is worth the 50 cents! There are fresh flowers and tea lights on the counters, an array of perfumes, lotions etc at your disposal, candy dishes full of toffees and mints. And a display case of jewellery for sale. It is one of the only bathrooms worth its fee. (The only other WC that was impressive was on called Mc Clean, yes it is a toilet chain throughout Europe). My friend Irene picked us up and we just relaxed for most of the day. One of her roomates was away on vacation so we had a room to ourselves. She cooked us a delicious stirfry dinner with rice. Then we got sucked into the TV (it was in English and we couldn't resist!) We watched CSI and Bones then headed out to a club calld Crazy Piano down by the beach. Another one of my friends from Wales was meeting us there. This club was outstanding. It has a group of pianist and a percussionist that perform requests all night. You write your request on a napkin and leave a tip (the bigger the tip, the more likely you song will be played). These musicians were amazing! They knew everything from Greenday to Stevie Wonder to Shakira to old Dutch songs that everybody (but us) sung along to. It was a blast!

Amie

Advertisement



14th September 2006

SAY HI FOR ME!!!
hey buddy, that is so awesome you got to see Irene again. Say 'HI' for me. I miss you!!! Cheers, Cathy

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb