Marriage, Honeymoon and Utrecht


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Province of Utrecht » Utrecht
September 27th 2008
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Utrecht was all good. It was actually really nice. Its a city I could see myself living in. On the 27 of September, after a late night until 4am, the night before I barely got up at 8am that morning. But I did. we caught a train to Utrecht and I brought my bike on the train - an extra 6e. I could have hired a bike there as it ended up costing not much more to hire. Firstly we went through the main street to the cathedral. That was really nice inside and out and the garden there was perfect really worth the visit. We walked around the main streets of Utrecht then we decided to check out a museum to see if anything was worth it.

When we went to the tourist office we noticed there was a whole bunch of museums scattered around the place. We just decided to continue to explore. We ended up coming to the royal city archives of Utrecht. We knew this was a sign. After getting married and not seeing much at all there was a bit of a convention there. We noticed that there was free food there which seemed like out sorta dig so we blended and pretended to be interested in the author of the book. The sandwiches were good.

After this we headed back to our bikes and the cathedral. There was a cool protest going on where all these people were protesting about squats and them being shut down in Utrecht. We hanged around for a bit then hopped on our bikes heading for the Utrecht university. Phil said to check it out said there was some nice architecture there. Well there was - quite funky colourful buildings. We ended up cruising to a garden nearby a nice sculpture park with bonsai trees - were i also stacked it coming off my bike down this gravel hill.

It was so nice in the sun that we ended up falling asleep. I was only woken by Jerry who called from Oz and that was nice. It was good that he called as it was starting to get cold. After this went to the station and caught a train home! Awesome day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



11th February 2009

Wow...this place looks reallyyyyy nice..

Tot: 0.345s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 80; dbt: 0.1209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb