Garderen-Denekamp


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Overijssel » Oldenzaal
August 29th 2015
Published: August 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This will be one of the last blogs we do. We now are nearly at the end of our stay in Europe. We had a wonderful time and seen again that much, it is hard to remember but lucky we have our blogs, photos and videos. We had such a nice time at Boppard, so much to see and so much traffic on the Rhine that keeps you looking. We were sorry to leave and went to Garderen in Holland, also a wonderful place. We never stayed on the Veluwe so this time we made an effort to see some of the things, like Lelystad and the Open Air museum in Arnhem. We visited both of them. Again the weather was very friendly that made the visits so much better. Long time ago as kids we visited those places but so much has changed, lots of new things we saw. When we walk passed the old farms memories come back for inside the farms people dressed in clothes of the old times gives you the old memories. There is also an area that shows The Zaan, where the houses were from timber. They are also painted the same colour. You could see how paper was made the old way. We had a beautiful day there. We also visited the Avoidrome in Lelystad. Very interesting, it showed all the old planes going back to the time,when flying started and finished with going to the moon and beyond. We even send Liz to the Moon and back. I went there as well. Now it was time for our our last stop to Denekamp. Close to where I spend my younger years. Such a nice area, that we usual finish up there before flying back. We had a bonus there. There was on the Saturday a concert with the Band that played U2 music and Jannes as well the Divas. It was packed. There was plenty of drinking going on and here we see that the Dutch can put on a hell of a party. Now we are getting to the end of our beautiful holiday. We both would like to stay on longer but that is not possible. We hope you have enjoyed our travels. We like to do some more but for that we have to wait and see, you never know. For now it is Good Bye.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb